Thursday 10 June 2010

Interactive Piece Process

My interactive piece process

For my interactive piece I originally wanted to make a game in which people would become addicted too. The game would consist of different levels in which you are required to draw on a faint line, which makes a tattoo shape. If you have drawn on the line neatly, then you go to the next level, if you miss the lines then you have to go back to the beginning. All the way through the levels, the image that you have to draw is getting harder, and also you are unlocking colors, which you can use to draw with.
The game is aimed at people who are quite competitive and likes a challenge and I was hoping that the game would be addictive to some, and will be fun at the same time. Unlike other games like this, the game would not consist of a timer.
1A game similar to my idea is this http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/the-sketcher/

This game is similar in the way that you have to draw over the line/ image over 80% correctly in the time you are given otherwise you loose the game. If you succeed, you then go to the next and harder level.

Another game kind of similar is: http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/line-tracer/
This is where these games came from http://www.freewebarcade.com/drawing-games.php

This was my plan, but when it came to constructing it, everything fell to pieces. I started it in director with the help of a tutor, but the coding kept going wrong and it started to play up loads. This was then scrapped rather quickly for technical reasons.
I then had to try and think of something else to do, which was really hard, as there is not much you can do in the subject of tattoos, apart from a gallery, which is what my website is, and I didn’t want to repeat myself.
I then had a conversation with another tutor about my problem, and they suggested a “guess the tattoo” stereotyping game, which triggered off some ideas. I then decided that I was still going to do a game, but this time, it would involve the whole of Multimedia 2010, as well as general stereotypes. So I started taking pictures of everyone and arranging them so that they had their own “bit about me”. The game would then consist of a menu where everyone is a silhouette and when you scroll over him or her, they become visible. Then, if you click on them, it would go to their own page in which you have to choose a tattoo that you think they might have. You then choose a tattoo and it will go to another page, which a video will automatically display saying whether you are right or not, and then a fact about tattoos.
Another feature I wanted to include was that when you go into the game, a screen will come up with two buttons. The one would say “Multimedia 2010” and the other would say “General stereotypes”. If you click on the “Multimedia 2010”, it would direct you to the pages I was previously on about, but if you click on the “General stereotypes”, I wanted to It to direct you too another screen similar to the multimedia 2010 one, but will have images of people dressed very stereotypically.
I then scrapped this idea and worked on maybe having it direct you to a stereotypical video instead of the game. I the scrapped this idea as well as I had ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment